2021 University Entry
CQUniversity recognises that 2020 will be stressful and difficult for Year 12 students. They have launched the Principal's Recommendation Scheme targeting potential, rather than results. Please contact Mrs Prizmic for more information.
CQU Start Uni Now (SUN) Program
Start Uni Now (SUN) is a CQUniversity initiative that allows students in Year 10*, 11 and 12 to study CQUniversity units whilst still in high school. Mareeba State High School students have the opportunity to undertake their first Start Uni Now (SUN) unit at zero cost^.
* Year 10 students are eligible for Term 3 (November) intake only.
^ First unit free initiative applies to new students only. Unit resource costs such as textbooks still apply.
If you are a high-performing student who wants to take on the challenge of tertiary level study, then SUN could be for you! Some of the benefits of starting university early with SUN include:
- Sneak peek: With SUN, you will get an insight into university life and will be better prepared for the transition from high school to university.
- Direct Entry: You may be eligible to apply for direct entry into an undergraduate degree at CQUniversity (excluding quota managed courses), meaning you will not need to apply and wait for an offer to university through a tertiary admissions centre, eg. QTAC. To be eligible for direct entry, you must:
- Pass at least one SUN unit from the undergraduate degree you are applying for
- Meet all the prerequisites of the undergraduate degree you are applying for
- Show evidence of Year 12 completion (QCE)
- Affordable: The SUN units are offered at a reduced price which is less than a third of the cost a regular university student pays. As a SUN student you can save anywhere between $900-$2752 per unit.
- Credit Transfers: If you enrol as a CQUniversity student after Year 12, you will be eligible to receive a credit transfer for each SUN unit you have passed (providing these SUN units are part of your degree). This means that this unit will count towards your degree, reducing the number of units you need to study when you enter university.
A wide range of CQUniversity units are available through SUN in the areas of:
- Business and Accounting
- Music and Creative Arts
- Paramedic Science
- Psychology and Social Work
- Technology and Digital Media
- Science and Environment
- Transport and Safety Sciences
Please contact Mrs Prizmic for more information.
Australian National University (ANU)
Australian National University recognises that 2020 has brought unprecedented challenges for students. The impact of COVID-19 has caused significant disruptions to Year 12 studies that could impact on your students' ability to perform to the best of their ability. With this in mind, we have adapted our admissions process for study in 2021. To recognise this, we will now make offers based on Year 11 results on 10 August 2020, and these will be honoured for study in 2021, as long as they complete Year 12.
James Cook University (JCU)